Complaints & Appeals
The complaint process is the activity of ensuring the Institute’s Policies and Procedures are not breached.
- Complaints of a general nature that do not breach the Institute’s Policies and Procedures can be handled at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Complaints of breaches to the Institute’s Policies and Procedures may not be based on any undocumented or non-verifiable information.
- The enforcement procedure is based on documentary evidence.
- No anonymous, telephone, in-person, or electronic communication will be accepted or considered.
- The complaint and all documents submitted to support it become the confidential property of the ICCIFP and will not be returned to the Complainant.
- Complaints may be submitted, in writing, by anyone who becomes aware of a potential breach of the Policies and Procedures, to the following address:
Complaints & Appeals Committee
c/o ICCIFP Executive Director
100 Village Boulevard, Suite 200
Princeton, NJ 08540
The Complaint shall consist of the following:
- Certified Person’s name and contact information
- Complainant’s name and contact information
- Copies of non-confidential written material supporting the complaint
- Citation of the policy and/or procedure alleged to be violated
- Any other written information supporting the complaint.
Full information on the Complaint Process & Procedures is available here.
The appeals process is the activity of ensuring an impartial examination of the concerns of an individual who has applied for or received certification or recertification by the Institute of Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals (ICCIFP) and seeks to contest an adverse decision or proposed action. The ICCIFP Complaints & Appeals Committee will review appeals and respond to appellants.
An appeal is submitted in writing by persons seeking an amendment of an adverse decision on the following issues:
- Denial of admission to the ICCIFP examination
- Denial of initial certification, excluding failure of exam which is addressed by the Examination Administration and Scoring policies
- Denial of renewal of certification
- Revocation of active certification status.
The complete appeal application consists of three components:
- Request for appeal
- Written documentation supporting the appeal clearly stating the basis upon which the individual feels there has been an adverse decision
- A $250 filing fee.
The appellant will submit the appeal application within thirty (30) days of the event from which the appeal originated to the Chairman of the ICCIFP Board of Trustees to the following address:
100 Village Blvd, Suite 200
Princeton, NJ 08540
- The appellant has the right to obtain his/her own legal counsel in preparation of the written appeal.
Full information on the Appeals Process & Procedures is available here.